Follow these steps for a smooth, stress-free enrollment.
- Make sure your dependents are eligible for benefits. Covering ineligible dependents under our TEAM medical plans drives up our costs, so make sure they’re eligible for coverage. In 2019, TEAM will conduct a dependent audit and may require you to submit documentation (such as a birth certification or marriage license) that verifies a dependent’s eligibility. Ineligible dependents will be dropped from coverage, and you will be responsible for any claims paid by the medical plan for that dependent.
- Get to know your medical options. Take a look at all of your medical options here. Compare premiums, deductibles and estimated out-of-pocket costs for 2019 to choose the plan that’s right for you.
- Decide if you need dental and/or vision coverage. Get details on the dental and vision plans.
- Verify your tobacco status. Remember, you pay more for your medical premiums if you use tobacco.
- Purchase income protection benefits. You can purchase life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance and Short-Term Disability (STD) Buy-Up.
- Choose how much to contribute to your Reimbursement Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA). If you enroll in a PPO plan, you can sign up for a tax-advantaged Reimbursement Account. If you enroll in the Consumer-Driven Health Plan (CDHP), you can add money to your HSA.
- Decide if you want to elect voluntary benefits. You can purchase legal coverage, critical illness insurance and auto and home insurance.
- Enroll by the deadline! You must enroll for benefits within 60 days of your date of hire. This includes medical, dental, vision, Reimbursement Accounts, life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short-Term Disability (STD) Buy-Up, legal coverage and critical illness insurance. See instructions below for how to enroll.
How To Enroll
You enroll in or make changes to your TEAM benefits on the ADP Employee Self-Service portal at portal.adp.com. It’s quick, accessible, secure and easy to use. You don’t need to be at work or on a TEAM computer to enroll.
Follow these instructions to log on and enroll online from your desktop or laptop computer. (You won’t be able to enroll from your mobile phone or tablet.)
- Make sure you’re using a supported platform and operating system.
- Supported platforms: Internet Explorer 11, Edge Safari
- If you use Google Chrome or Firefox, you will need to set the Adobe Flash Player to run.
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- For Flash Player, 10+ is required.
- Go to portal.adp.com.
- If you have previously registered, enter your User ID and Password.
- Enrolling for the first time? Click “Sign Up” and enter the registration code TISI-1234. Then follow the prompts to complete the registration process.
- Enter your first name, last name and Social Security number, re-enter your Social Security number and click “Confirm.”
- Enter your email address, phone number and password. Then confirm your password.
- Select your security questions, type in the answers and click “Register Now” to complete your registration.
- An ADP activation code will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions in the email to activate your ADP account and enroll for your benefits.
What Happens If I Don’t Enroll?
If you don’t enroll within 60 days of your date of hire, you will not have any coverage. You won’t be able to enroll until the next Open Enrollment unless you have a qualifying life event change.
Make sure you choose your benefits carefully! After your initial enrollment, you can only make changes during Open Enrollment or if you experience a qualifying life event change. These changes include:
- Marriage, divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Birth, adoption or permanent legal guardianship of a child
- Death of a spouse or child
- Loss of spouse’s or child’s coverage under another health plan
- A qualified court order that makes you legally responsible for a child’s health care coverage
- A spouse or child becoming ineligible for coverage
You have 31 days from your qualifying life event change to make changes on the ADP Employee Self-Service portal at portal.adp.com. You will need to submit documentation to support the change (such as a marriage or birth certificate) to benefits@TeamInc.com. Learn more about qualifying life event changes here.