Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
TEAM’s EAP, provided by Optum, provides confidential support for everyday challenges and for more serious problems. It’s available around the clock anytime you need it. You can get help with a wide variety of issues, including:
- Depression, anxiety and stress
- Marriage and relationships
- Parenting skills
- Relationship problems
- Money management and legal information
Ever have a question about how your medical benefits work? Find yourself looking for a network doctor? Wonder if you’re getting the best care at the lowest price? Health Advocate can help:
- Find in-network doctors and hospitals.
- Schedule second opinions.
- Resolve claims issues.
- Negotiate out-of-network medical or dental costs.
- Get detailed medical or lab cost estimates.
- Answer questions about your medical plan.
You, your spouse, children, parents and parents-in-law can use Health Advocate, whether or not you’re enrolled in a TEAM medical plan.
TEAM is proud to support working families by offering free, unlimited access to Torchlight. Torchlight is an online platform designed for modern caregivers across the age continuum, from children with special or extraordinary needs to the growing population of aging family members.
Beginning January 1, 2019, visit teamindustrial.torchlight.care to:
- Learn from experts during confidential 1-on-1 advising sessions
- Watch live and recorded webinars
- Engage with a community of peers and experts
- Explore guides about caregiving for your child or family member
- Keep track of documents and appointments
Perks at Work Discount Program
As a TEAM employee, you have access to the Perks at Work platform, which includes 30,000 national and local employee discounts on dining, travel, retail stores and more. The site provides best-in-market pricing and ONECart technology to allow easy price comparison and seamless checkout.
Log in, do your shopping and then get WOW points to redeem on future purchases.
TEAM offers global travel assistance through AXA Assistance USA as part of your Basic Life Insurance benefits.
If you or your dependents have a medical emergency when traveling internationally or domestically more than 100 miles away from home, contact AXA Assistance. You will get 24/7 access to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other services.
Legal Coverage and Identity Theft Protection
You can purchase affordable legal coverage through Hyatt Legal Plans. You’ll get full service on a variety of personal legal matters and access to attorneys in person, by phone, email or mobile app.
The plan covers:
- Family law matters, such as adoptions and premarital agreements
- Estate planning services, such as living trusts and wills
- Traffic and criminal matters, including traffic tickets and juvenile court defense
- Financial services, such as debt collection defense and consumer protection
- Real estate issues, including boundary and title disputes
You pay just $18.50 per month through convenient paycheck deductions. When you use a plan attorney for covered services, there are no deductibles, copays or claim forms.
Plus, when you enroll for legal coverage, you automatically get credit monitoring from all three credit bureaus. This benefit provides comprehensive fraud and credit monitoring services along with 24/7 dedicated support.
You can elect legal coverage during Open Enrollment or within 60 days of your date of hire.
For more information, visit legalplans.com.
The Low-Down on Legal Coverage
Whether you’re preparing a will or buying a home, having a lawyer around can help.
Critical Illness Insurance
Critical illness insurance offers supplemental medical coverage that adds an extra layer of protection for you and your family. This coverage is offered through MetLife.
If you are diagnosed with a covered illness, such as cancer, heart attack or stroke, you will receive a lump sum payment. You can use your cash benefit to help pay bills related to treatment or to help with everyday living expenses.
You can purchase coverage for yourself, your spouse and/or dependent children. You purchase critical illness insurance with after-tax paycheck deductions. This means any benefits paid to you are tax-free. You can purchase either a flat $10,000 or $20,000 coverage amount. The plan also comes with a wellness benefit ― you’ll be reimbursed up to $100 per year if you get certain covered screening tests.
For more information, call 800-GET-MET8 (800-438-6388).
Your Paycheck Costs
You can purchase either a flat $10,000 or $20,000 coverage amount. Your rates are based on the amount of coverage you select, who you cover and your age.
|Monthly Cost Per $1,000|
|Age||Employee Only||Employee + Children||Employee + Spouse||Employee + Spouse/Children|
Here’s how to figure out your critical illness insurance costs.
- Amount of insurance desired ÷ 1,000 = Units of coverage
- Units of coverage x cost = Monthly cost
Here’s an example. You are 35 years old and want to elect $20,000 of coverage for yourself.
- $20,000 ÷ $1,000 = 20
- 20 x $0.83 = $16.60 per month
Note: Final rates may vary slightly due to rounding.
Illnesses Happen: Plan for Just in Case
Critical illness insurance can help you focus on your recovery, instead of worrying about finances.
Auto and Home Insurance
Purchase auto and home insurance through MetLife and you can receive hundreds of dollars in savings, along with special group discounts:
- Save up to an additional 10% right away with the welcome discount for new members
- Qualify for a group discount of up to 15% off your policy
- Save more with the superior driver discount
- Pay with convenient automatic deduction
- Receive extra savings if you’ve been with your company a long time
- Make the most of multi-policy savings when you insure both your home and auto with MetLife Auto & Home
In addition to auto and homeowners insurance, MetLife offers a variety of other policies including boat, condo, renter’s, motor home and motorcycle.
Coverage is 100% portable, so even if you change jobs you can take your policy with you.
Get a free quote by calling 800-GET-MET8 (800-438-6388) and use the code: EEJ.